From Brussels
We made it here safely and right on time, even though in Munich we had to play where the 4377 is our gate for our flight to Brussels, and it was not completely our fault. Our boarding pass said K 20, but all of the flight information screens said K..... We asked at K 20 and the gate agents told us the flight was now at gate K 14, so we went to K 14 and got settled in when we looked at the screen at K 14 and there was a different flight that was going to depart from K 14, so back to K 20 we went and our flight left from K 20. We are both pretty much running on fumes right now. Our flights were smooth, but a transcontinental transoceanic flight that leaves at 2pm and lasts for close to 11 hours really does a number on sleeping. I think I have just passed the 28 hour mark of being mostly awake. Tonight we get one extra hour of sleep as it is Fall Back time at 2 am in the morning here in Europe. Tomorrow we have a tour of Brussels that is part walking and part on a bus or a van. We got a brief orientation tour by the Viking rep at the the hotel (absolutely gorgeous, the hotel that is) and then wandered around on our own before starting to make our way back to our hotel with a few wrong turns thrown in for good measure. We wanted a bite to eat and found a good place with good wholesome food and were enjoying our meal when the skies opened and brief deluge occurred. We avoided the deluge, had a good meal, and made our way back to our hotel and are shooting for making it until 8 pm. If we go really wild, maybe we will shoot for 9:00 pm, but don't place too many bets in Vegas on that possibility. Where we are staying there are lots of vey high end stores, some of which even I have not heard of, shocking as that may be to my children. I will try my best to avoid the urge to shop til I drop. Have a good Saturday, everyone.
Glad you made it safely! Good to know about the time change as I have to make sure I log on to get my Ann Frank tickets on Tuesday morning!
ReplyDelete