I Guess This Is Really Happening
Our flight to Brussels departs on Friday and, not unexpectedly, there is a bit of mad dash by both of us to make sure we have everything we need. I have been checking Brussels weather and it looks like we will have temperatures in the low to mid 50's with rain about a 50-50 shot so we need to be ready for cool possibly wet weather. There are always the questions, "Have I packed enough?', "Have I packed too much?", "What if I forget.......?" when a trip is fast upon one. I try to convince myself that I will pack light, but inevitably come home with some clothes that never see the light of day on the trip. That's okay. The plan is one checked bag and a backpack carry on. We'll see how the plan works. Having apparently channeled my late mother-in-law, I think I have most of my packing done. It remains to be seen if my suitcase will close. I know I should be working on losing a bit of weight prior to departure, but I may need a couple of extra pounds so I can sit on the suitcase and zip it shut. Since we don't know if we will be fed sufficiently on the cruise, I am sure we will both come home and our clothes will just be hanging on us 😜. We may have difficulty forcing our suitcases to close for the return trip.
We plan to arrive at the airport about 3 hours prior to departure and hope the government shut down will not impact our flight to Brussels. We connect in Munich and I believe our time in Munich is about 1 hour and 45 minutes so we will keep our fingers crossed. We will take BART to SFO. BART terminates at the international terminal at SFO so getting to check in is quite easy. We'd both rather have time to spare at the airport rather than making a mad dash once we get there.
Looking forward to the trip, but not the inevitable jet lag.
Safe travels!
ReplyDelete